3rd Quarter Stewardship Letter for 2018
Monday a memo that it is 99 days until Christmas alerted me. 99 days and it is still 90+ degrees. A lot can happen in those 99 days. Here are some highlights that I want to share with you from 2018.
- In March: We responded to Hurricane Harvey by taking a multigenerational mission trip that sent 15 people to serve in the Houston area.
- Camp Wesley was held in response to the teacher walk out. It was met with great response from the community and people were so thankful that we were willing to be a Church with Open Hearts, Open Minds and Open Doors. We have continued to be a blessing to those families and some are attending our Wednesday Night Children’s program. One family even joined our Church family in July.
- We sent 18 Children, Youth and Adults to various Church Camps at Camp Egan this past summer.
- The Youth Summer Mission Trip to St. Louis was a time for being educated on poverty and helping around the St. Louis area.
- Vacation Bible School this year was a great time of learning, fellowship and fun events with over 50 children, youth and adults participating.
- Back to School Blessings took on a different shape this year. We responded to Zoe Institute taking a break and made sure that 200 kids were able to receive a backpack, basic school supplies, haircut and a free meal. Our Church and Community partners had a great time; many people commented how thankful they were that we stepped up and how they loved the open and loving atmosphere we created.
- As of September 16, we have had 21 people join our Church and our average weekly worship to date is 158.
All of this is a microcosm of what happens at Tahlequah First United Methodist Church. Week in and week out our Church offers something that helps people connect to God. In some cases, we are just sowing seeds with excellent hospitality and congregational care. In other cases, we are there to be a shoulder to cry on or a gentle hug during a difficult time. We offer times of learning about our faith. In addition, there are those times we are just here to fellowship and have fun together as we did a few weeks ago at Camp Egan.
We are coming into the last quarter of the year and I want to paint a picture of our Church finances. As of September 16, our Church budget is $36,880.06 behind for the year. As of September 13, our mortgage is $561,198.82. First, will you join me in prayer that we are able to be faithful stewards of the money we are given so we can be the Church God has called us to be. Second, will you look over your giving statement to make sure you are current. If there are corrections, please contact the office. Then ask yourself, would you be willing to give a little more. Your giving is helping us live into this mission of being a Church of Open Hearts, Open Minds and Open Doors. Thank you for all that you do.
God Loves You and So Do We,
Rev. Matt Franks Rev. Shana Dry
Lead Pastor Associate Pastor