The 175th Tahlequah FUMC Commemorative Year Celebration Sale
“The 175th Tahlequah FUMC Commemorative Year Celebration Sale” is set to kick off in the Atrium following worship on Sunday, December 2. This estate sale is designed to pay down our building debt with all proceeds going to the mortgage principal. At mid-September our debt was $559,305.30, with a daily interest payment of $61.50.
This is a once in a lifetime sale! We are seeking valued items that will provide big sale revenues. Suggestions include: clothing valued at $50 or more per item, purses in excellent condition, dishes, pottery, baskets, glassware, vases, crystal, silver, furniture, mirrors, lamps, table cloths, linens, quilts, kitchen items, Christmas décor, jewelry, musical instruments, figurines, statuary, artwork, frames, old records, hard cover coffee table books, toys, games, athletic equipment, tools in good condition, cars, trucks, campers, boats, and trailers. Arrangements can be made to move large items to the church for the sale.
David Morrison is donating his minimally used golf clubs and NSU golf bag. The clubs include Cobra Irons with Ping Metal Woods and several utility clubs, which when new were valued at over $1,000.
We will not accept: electronics, magazines, paperbacks, crafts, or appliances.
Celebration Sale Schedule:
Mon. Nov. 19 – Sat. Nov. 24
7 am – 6 pm Receive Sale items (Excluding Thanksgiving)
Mon. Nov. 26 – Sat. Dec. 1
8 am – 6 pm
Set up Sale
Sun. Dec. 2 – Sun. Dec. 9
Sunday noon – 5 pm
Mon-Sat 8 am – 6 pm
Celebration Sale Regulations Include:
- All items provided must be clean, polished, or dusted.
- The donor will provide a value for the item; the committee will assign the selling price.
- The donor will provide a “provenance,” a short statement of the history or story of the item, including the date of the item.
- Tax letters will be given to donors immediately upon drop off.
- Presale storage of items accepted by committee members, or designated persons, will be in the unfinished Fellowship Hall (Field of Dreams).
- Items will NOT be sold prior to the beginning of the sale.
We will need many buyers, so spread the word! Items may be purchased with credit cards, debit cards, checks or cash. We believe the sky is the limit on the money we will be able to raise. The success of this project will depend on the quality of items donated and sold, and the dedication of our volunteers. We will appreciate all individuals who would like to assist! For questions, leave a message on Janet Stucky’s home phone (918) 456-1630.